Monday, December 15, 2008

The Attic News Vol.3

Recipe For Humble Pie5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus,8 And being found in appearance as a man , He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.Philippians 2:5,8A while back I was venting to my wife about why things weren't happening with the direction we were going and why I couldn't have things that I wanted. I wondered why I couldn't do things that make me "happy". My wife told me that maybe I was learning humility. That kind of made me angry because I thought, how much more humility do I need? I didn't do anything but try to follow God's will. Well this was a while back and I haven't thought about it until now as I was reading the Bible verse mentioned above. Now I think back and say how arrogant can you be to even think about that question. The Creator of the Universe, Almighty, The Alpha and The Omega, The KING OF KINGS wasn't above sending His own Son to live and die an extremely cruel death among us. We aren't worth it. We aren't worthy of existing in His universe and he still sent his Son to show the perfect recipe for humble pie. I think that I overlooked that when I thought that I should be exempt from my slice of pie. I was starting to develop the attitude that is ruining our world. The attitude of me before anyone else, and I need to do absolutely anything to succeed at any cost. I am grateful for this verse because it puts me in my place and helps me realize that I am not in control. It is not up to me to decide whether or not I need humility. I think that as I learn to be more humble I will be a lot happier throughout my day.Other thoughts.......Read Isaiah 40:31Also I like this poem although it is the first one I have read in a long time but it has a good message. Check it out if you have time: The Builders by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

No comments:

Post a Comment