Monday, December 15, 2008

The Attic News Vol.1

I don't think that I'm going to be very regular about this because I don't have much time through the week, but I'm going to at least try to get one done a week. I have been going to R.A's on wednesday nights to see if I would be interested in it and I finally decided to let the preacher know that I wanted to be officially involved. He was really excited about that and thought it would be a great idea. After I talked to him I was asked to teach the youth for two Sundays. I usually think that I need to wait and learn more so I can be a teacher. It's like waiting for the perfect conditions before you take another step because you don't know if you're going to succeed or fail. But I had been thinking like this for weeks and I was tired of weighing the options so I just decided to take the step. Honestly I don't think that I'm ready to teach anybody anything yet, but I believe that God will take care of that. And I think that God doesn't want us to sit still and wait for the perfect moment. I think that God would agree that if you don't ever try to do anything you will never know if you can succeed at it. I'm not trying to speak for God, but in the Bible there are numerous stories of God calling people to do his will and they don't feel like they are the right person for the job. In the end they follow God and they succeed even though they are convinced that they are the wrong person. Well I'm the wrong person in my eyes, but God feels that I'm the right person so I'm going to pursue it.In other news.........I passed six tests in my first 90 days book at work. I've also started climbing poles which is really exciting and scary at the same time. I want to be the best at what I do but I sometimes feel like I shouldn't because I am wanting to do things in the ministry. I think that I should try to be the best I can be at ministry and not worry about my other job. I also fear that I will try so hard at my other job that I won't be thinking about working in the church. I don't know maybe I can do both. I might post more later but right now I have to go so see ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment