Monday, December 15, 2008

The Attic News pilot issue

Well I decided that I would give this a shot. I have been reading a couple of other blogs and thought it might be interesting. This morning I actually got up the first time the alarm went off and I had enough time to get prepared for the day. It seems kinda weird because when I was at Halliburton the phone would ring and I would be awake almost instantly because of the on-call all the time status. Anyway I woke up at 6 and got ready but I waited until like 7:45ish to leave the house. I always do that and I think it's because I want to be with my family as much as possible before I have to be seperated from them for the entire day. Krystle gets mad about that but I think it keeps me going when I'm at work. Usually when I go to work I feel like I am bombarded with thoughts about regretting things that I've done, feeling like a failure, or wondering if I put my family in this situation where we have less income and less options for quality of life. But I prayed during my quiet time for God to keep these thoughts out of my head and to speak to me. Well I got to work and I went out and did my pre-trip inspection. As I was doing this I started to think about the negative things and I prayed for God to help me during that time. I felt like it went away and I went about inspecting the truck. I was driving the truck around and I felt like God was speaking to me. It was like everything was flipped around about the negative thoughts. I felt like God was saying in a very blunt way : Justin you were discharged from the Marine Corps (this is a very big deal for me), you went from working at Wal-Mart to working at Halliburton and back to Wal-Mart And working for the City of Altus, you tried to go to college before and failed because of your lack of desire, you said you were going to go to school when you left Halliburton and you haven't done anything about it. All of that is true. But I didn't make you for that. I didn't want you to have a career in the military or at Halliburton. You are going to school (Southside Baptist Church) and you are making good progress. You don't have to go to a college to become a minister.Anyways after that I felt pretty peaceful like I didn't have to worry about the future. My biggest problem is that I am impatient and I want to do things right now. So I think that's a weakness that the devil uses to feed off of to get me depressed. So the rest of the day was pretty easy as far as that goes.Well I went to lunch with some of my co-workers at The Sizzla. I didn't like it that much just because they didn't have anything I really liked. I've been trying to be more sociable around them because I'm the new guy. When I am put into a new situation or job I tend to keep to myself so I come off as shy or like I don't care about anything. But really all I'm doing is seeing how people react to each other and trying to learn things. So it took like 30 min. for me to engage in a conversation with anyone. After that Mike and I washed the trucks off on a nice windy day. After work I made it as fast as I could to the house to squeeze every possible second I could with my family before I had to go to job#2. Right when I walk in the door my kids say Daddy! and my son starts wrestling with me at the same time that Berlyn is trying to show my her castle where Beauty and the Beast does not live and at the same time I'm taking my work boots off. Well this goes on for a while and after the dust settles I get something to eat and I have 5min. to get to work. I get there and start unloading the truck and moving pallets around. I don't really say much there either but it's for different reasons. I think that the guys wouldn't listen or they are used to doing things a certain way so I just go with the flow. That's pretty much it for right now mainly because it's 1:30 am and I want my bed. Later

No comments:

Post a Comment